Candace's Favorite Recipes
Tried and True Recipes that will Fill You Up, Nourish Your Bodies, & Lower The Scale!!
ASIAN BEEF WITH SNOW PEAS
Who says comfort food has to be bad for you? This warm hearty dish is soothing for the soul while satisfying to the appetite! The prep and cook time also qualifies this dish as fast food, but not the kind you'll find in a drive through window. This is hearty, healthy, low calorie dish. So copy this recipe and take it to the store as your ingredient list. Whether you make it home before the rest of the family or not, dinner will be on the table in a flash.
Power On and Enjoy,
Nutrition Specialist AASDN
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 15 Min
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces snow peas
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium high heat. Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 30 seconds. Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until evenly browned. Add the snow peas and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: 190 calories
Total Fat: 10g
**Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database